Grand Health Challenge 2017
If you’re looking to make 2017 the year you get healthy and make a lifestyle change entering the Grand Health Challenge is for you!
We all have the intention to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, especially after the holidays. But, we know that New Years resolutions and post-holiday plans to stay healthy sometimes land on the bottom of your winter to-do list. The 2017 Grand Health Challenge is designed to transform your thinking --- and even more important, your behavior with regard to your health. The benefits range from better self-image to simply enjoying life for yourself and your family. Whatever your reason, Grand Lake Health System is here to help you live a fuller, healthier life.
Have fun while discovering what you can achieve when you maintain a healthy lifestyle! Participants have the chance to win cash prizes, but even if you don’t win you are setting yourself up for a healthy lifestyle for years to come.
MAKING THE CHANGE!
The 2017 Grand Health Challenge is to encourage participants to adapt to a healthier lifestyle. The choice is yours to make the change now or later; but we are here to help you now.
HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS
Each participant is a member of a two-to-seven-person team. Each team shall give itself a name and will be known by that name throughout the challenge. Each participant will weigh in for a starting weight at the designated weigh-in locations during the designated times sometime during the January 10 – 14 time frame.
- Children under age 18 may participate only with a parent's or guardian's consent. The parent or guardian will be asked to sign a consent form for any participant younger than age 18. Children age 8-17 years must be on the same team as their parent or legal guardian. If the child is under the age of 8, they may be weighed at the parent's request (no BMI will be measured), but the results do not count in the challenge.
- Each team member agrees to weigh in once a month during the times provided by Grand Lake Health System. These weights will be recorded on a master list by the hospital staff.
Team prizes include:
- $1,000 Grand Prize for first place team
- $500 second place team
- $250 first place "biggest loser" (male and female, not on a winning team)
- $150 second place "biggest loser" (male and female, not on a winning team)
- iPad Drawing for those with perfect attendance at motivational meetings
- “The Choice Is Yours” Awards Program – AWARDS to be given at EACH meeting
Won’t You Join Us?
Challenge your friends, family, workplace, schools, church groups or service organizations to get healthy! Teams are made up of 2 to 7 people. It only costs $5 per participant to join. For a printable PDF download of program information, motivational meeting schedule, weekly weigh-in schedule and registration form, click here.
Initial weigh-ins start the second week of January 2017. To learn more about Grand Health Challenge 2017, contact Jenni Miller at 419-394-6132 or email her at email@example.com.