Drug Take-Back Program
TAKING BACK UNWANTED PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, the Auglaize County Sheriff’s Office, and Mercer County Sheriff’s Office will give the public opportunities to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous, expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs. The service is free and anonymous — no questions asked.
- These events are for residential/household medications only.
- See the schedule below for dates and times. Medications will only be accepted between the stated hours.
- Items for disposal CANNOT be accepted before or after these times.
WHY HAVE A DRUG TAKE-BACK DAY?
This event helps address two growing problems our communities face:
- Prescription drug abuse and prescription drug misuse.
- Medications becoming part of our waste stream.
CONSIDER THESE FACTS
- Every day, nearly 2,500 teenagers use a prescription drug to get high for the first time.
- 96% of unintentional poisoning deaths in Ohio are from drugs and medications.
- In Ohio, more people die from unintentional medication poisoning than from motor vehicle accidents.
- Older people are prone to accidental poisoning.
- Ohio’s rates of drug abuse and misuse are higher than the U.S. rate.
- A vast array of pharmaceuticals — inclusive of antibiotics, anticonvulsants, mood stabilizers, hormones, acetaminophen, ibuprofen — have been found in drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans.
- Pharmaceuticals also permeate water tables deep underground.
DRUG TAKE-BACK PROGRAM EVENTS AND SCHEDULE FOR 2017
This program is sponsored by Grand Lake Health System in collaboration with the Auglaize County Sherrif’s Office and Mercer County Sheriff’s Office.
- February 24th, 2018 - 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Auglaize Mercer Family YMCA - North Branch
- 7590 St. Rt. 703 Celina, OH 45822
- March 18, 2017 - 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Rotary Lab Health Fair
- New Knoxville High School
- April 1, 2017 — 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m
- Rotary Lab Health Fair
- New Bremen High School
- April 28, 2018 — 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
- National Drug Take-Back Day
- Joint Township District Memorial Hospital
- Use Main Entrance
- June 3, 2017 - 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Midwest Electric Annual Meeting & Health Fair
- St. Marys Memorial High School
- September 29, 2018 - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Grand Lake Health System
- Hospital Main Entrance
- November 3, 2018 - 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Community Health Fair
- Auglaize-Mercer Family YMCA South Branch
- Wuebker Road Minster, OH
For more information please contact Jenni Miller, Community Outreach Coordinator (419)394-6132, email firstname.lastname@example.org