Grand Lake Occupational Medicine follows the guidelines set by the Department of Transportation.
In order to provide you the best possible service and get your certification card completed timely, we ask that you please remember to bring the following with you to your appointment.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- Patients with Hypertension must have a blood pressure that falls within the DOT guidelines. Remember to take your medication prior to your appointment.
- Diabetic patients must show proof that your condition is under good control by your primary physician. This determination can be made by bringing with you lab results performed within the last 3 months:
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Fasting blood sugar performed
- Additionally, please bring documentation from your primary physician stating you maintain adequate control.
- Sleep apnea patients should bring your most recent sleep study results with you the day of the appointment.
- Patients using a CPAP machine must bring a print out of compliant usage within the last 3 months.
- Patients receiving anticoagulant therapy should bring with you results of an INR done within the last 30 days and a statement from your primary physician stating that your coagulation status is stable.
- Patients with cardiac condition(s) should bring copies of your most recent stress test and EKG as well as a statement from your cardiologist stating that you can safely fulfill the requirements of a commercial driver.