Nursing Scholarship Opportunities
The JTD Hospital Foundation is proud to offer nursing scholarships for our local high school seniors, current college students, or adults returning to college. Each year, scholarships are awarded to students looking to pursue or continue a career in nursing.
The JTD Hospital Foundation Nursing Scholarship is for graduating seniors, current college students, or adults returning to college to study nursing. This $1,000 scholarship is renewable for the duration the student is studying nursing and maintaining an eligible grade point average.
The Landen Philpot Nursing Scholarship is for graduating seniors, current college students, or adults returning to college pursuing a nursing degree. This scholarship is geared toward nursing students focusing on obstetrics or pediatrics. There are (2) $1,000 scholarships awarded annually. This is not a renewable scholarship; past scholarship winners are encouraged to apply. Being a past winner does not guarantee the award of a scholarship.
These scholarships are available through the community's support, Grand Lake Health System employees, and the annual SIDS Awareness 5K.
All scholarship applicants must apply online at www.theSMCF.org. Look for the “JTD Hospital Foundation Nursing Scholarship” and “Landen Philpot Nursing Scholarship.” Scholarship applications open from February 1, 2024 through March 10, 2024. Click here for specific website instructions.
Requirements for both scholarships are:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior, current college student, or adult returning to college to pursue a nursing degree.
- Must be an Auglaize or Mercer County resident or graduate of a high school in those counties.
- (2) Letters of recommendation are required.
- In-person interview required. The applicant will be notified of the interview date if the application is selected.
- These scholarships are not based on financial need.
- Must be available for an in-person interview on Saturday, April 6, 2024.
For questions regarding the scholarship requirements, contact the JTD Hospital Foundation at 419-394-3547 or email@example.com.
For questions regarding the online application process, contact the St. Marys Community Foundation at 419-394-5693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.