Magnetic Resonance imaging is an exam that uses a strong magnetic field and radio waves to visualize the body’s organs.
For this test you will be taken out onto a mobile unit truck. You will need to pre-certify your exam with your insurance company. When your MRI is scheduled, you will be asked to call the Scheduling Office at 419-394-3387 or 1-877-564-6897, ext. 3550. They will be asked several questions pertaining to metal since you will be scanned by a magnet. You may be required to have x-rays of your eyes, if you work around metal.
Please review the following list. If any item applies to you, please inform the scheduling department.
- Surgical staples
- Metal implants
- Ear Prosthesis (implants)
- History of foreign body in eyes
- Aneurysm clips
- Dental Bridges
- Shrapnel (bullets)
- Hearing aids
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters
If you are claustrophobic, you may want to ask your physician for medication to help you relax.
Patient Preparation Instructions:
- Follow your normal routine, eat normally, and take any medication you regularly take.
- Wear clothing with the least amount of metal as possible.
- No metal hairpins or barrettes.
- No hair products or make-up containing metallic flakes.
- Please bring your insurance cards.
- You may be injected with an iron solution if your exam is ordered with contrast.
- The Radiologist (x-ray doctor) will “read” the scan and give the results to your doctor. Your doctor will share the results of this test with you.
- If you have any questions, please call 419-394-3335 ext. 3550 for assistance.