Modified Barium Swallow
A modified barium swallow is an exam that evaluates your swallowing ability.
The speech therapist will be giving you different types of liquids and solid foods to eat in order to evaluate your swallowing. X-rays will be taken to record the exam.
Procedure time: 30
Preparation Instructions For Patients:
- No dietary prep for this exam.
- You can take your normal medications.
For Your Information:
- Please inform the Medical Imaging staff if any chance of pregnancy.
- Relax and follow instructions given to you by the Medical Imaging staff.
- The speech therapist will give you the results of your test before you leave. Diet instructions or diet changes may be given to you before you leave. Feel free to ask the speech therapist any questions.
If you have any questions regarding the test, please call 419-394-3335 ext. 3550 for assistance.