What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth visits are a way to meet with your health care provider using a video call so you can remain at home and still receive the medical care you need. Many concerns can be addressed virtually with a same-day appointment with your provider. Your health care provider will help determine if telehealth is appropriate for you. By using telehealth services, we hope to further slow the spread of COVID-19.
How Does It Work?
Video visits will be conducted through the FollowMyHealth patient portal. If you do not have a FollowMyHealth patient portal login, please call us at 419-394-3387 ext. 1115 to set up an account.
Virtual Urgent Care
Grand Lake Health System will be offering virtual Urgent Care, Monday-Friday 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 9 pm, Saturday-Sunday 10 am-5 pm. Virtual Urgent Care telemedicine visits are available from the comfort of your own home via this link: Virtual Urgent Care.
You can also access virtual Urgent Care from your FollowMyHealth patient portal. If you do not have a FollowMyHealth patient portal login, please call us at 419-394-3387 ext. 1115 to set up an account.
Virtual Urgent Care telemedicine visits can be utilized for such concerns as bladder infections/UTI, cold sores, cold/allergy symptoms, cough, diarrhea, earache, muscle/joint/spine pain, nausea and vomiting, pink eye, poison ivy, sinus pain, skin condition or rash, sore throat, or sports injuries.
What Equipment Do I Need to Be Able to Do a Telehealth Video Visit?
- Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection
- Smartphone or a computer with working camera, microphone and speaker
- If using a computer, it is important to use Google Chrome to launch the visit.
- If using a smartphone, please download the FollowMyHealth app.
Tips to prepare for your Telehealth visit:
- Have your insurance card and a list of current medications ready.
- Please be in a quiet, private place with proper lighting so the provider can see you.
- Use the best internet available (close all other windows or other apps)
- Have a full charge on your smartphone or computer – if not, please plug it in
- Keep all background noise and interference to a minimum