Helping Patients and Families Live Life Every Day To The Fullest
GRAND LAKE HOSPICE defines hospice care as a philosophy of care that recognizes death as the final stage of life and seeks to enable patients to continue to live an alert, pain free life with dignity and surrounded by loved ones. Hospice care strives to alleviate pain whether it is physical, emotional, or spiritual. GRAND LAKE HOSPICE will support the patient in difficult decision making and provide a caring environment for you and the entire family.
Who Is Eligible for Hospice?
GRAND LAKE HOSPICE provides care for any individual who has any type of terminal illness that no longer responds to curative treatment.
Patients are encouraged to seek hospice care when it is believed that they have a life expectancy of 6 months or less.
Care Provided By A Specially Trained Professional Team
- PHYSICIAN provides medical oversight.
- NURSES manage symptom relief and moniter the patient's condition.
- NURSING ASSISTANTS will provide personal care and assist with activities of daily living.
- SOCIAL WORKER will assist with legal and financial issues.
- PASTORAL COUNSELOR will provide spiritual support and coordinate care with your own spiritual counselor, pastor or priest.
- VOLUNTEER support to help with errands, homemaking or to relieve the family for short periods of time.
Full Range of Services
- Regular visits made by members of the GRAND LAKE HOSPICE Team
- Spiritual counseling
- Home medical equipment
- Medication to treat your terminal illness
- Special services such as a dietary consult or massage
- 24 hour availability
- Bereavement support
The Hospice benefit is available through Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances. No one is denied services due to an inability to pay.
Provision of Care
GRAND LAKE HOSPICE is dedicated to meeting the needs of patients in Auglaize, Mercer and parts of Allen and Shelby counties. This care can be provided in the patient's home, in the hospital or Assisted Living or Nursing Homes.
For additional information contact:
419-394-3335, Ext. 2810